November 3, 2011

A Little Message

So i was reading in my devotional and it was about "Choosing Friends Wisely".

It really stood out to me because it is so true.
 My example of having to choose my friends wisely is about school . I go to a Christian Private School{no that is not the name of it } and even though it is Christian there is so many different types of people. Of course there is the popular kids the Jesus freaks kids and "nerds". And for me it is important to not let people influence me to do wrong and hang out with "popular people" because if you haven't notices the type pf person you hang around you become like them when you are with them.Example- say you are with a quiet calm person, you wouldn't be all noisy and loud because they are being quiet right???same as if you were with a loud person you wouldn't really be quiet. Well it is the same with Christians and un-Christians. you want to hang around people who are Christian and really truly believe in God because if you hang out Christian people you will be encouraged to persue you faith in God but if you hang around people who say they are Christians but don't really truly serve Him, they may bring you down and tempt you to do some wrong things. And i realize that you may be saying "But i hang out with them because i am trying to witness to them" well most times it is easier to bring someone down than bring them up. I am not saying that is always the cause but if are going to do that you need to be really strong in your faith with God so you will be ready to face trails of the devil. 

In the Bible it says"...do not associate with unpure people" So choose your friends wisely.

Well I hope you got something out of this and took it to heart.

Untill next time,

Gracie

2 comments: